Cable services have been on the decline for years now. With the advent of streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, more and more people are cutting the cord and ditching their cable packages. There are pros and cons to this decision.
Let’s take a look at some of them.
- You can save money by cutting cable. This is the most obvious pro. Cable packages can be pretty expensive, and streaming services are much cheaper. If you’re looking to save money, the cutting cable is a great way to do it.
- You have more control over what you watch. With a streaming service, you can choose what you want to watch and when you want to watch it. You’re not stuck with whatever happens to be on cable at the moment.
- You can watch shows and movies that aren’t available on cable. There are a lot of great shows and movies you can only find on streaming services. If you’re looking for something specific, you’re much more likely to find it on a streaming service than on cable.
- You can watch shows and movies without commercials. This is a massive pro for many people. Commercials can be pretty annoying, and streaming services don’t have them. You can watch your favorite shows and movies without having to sit through many ads.
- You can cancel your service at any time. With cable, you’re usually locked into a contract, and this means that if you decide you don’t like the service, you’re stuck with it for a while. With a streaming service, you can cancel at any time.
- You might not have access to all the channels you want. This is the most common con. If there’s a specific channel you want to watch, you might not be able to find it on a streaming service.
- You might have to pay for multiple streaming services to get all the channels you want. This is related to the first con. If you wish to access many different media, you might have to pay for more than one streaming service. This can end up costing more than a cable package.
- You might have to deal with buffering or other internet issues. This is one of the most significant drawbacks of streaming services. You might have to deal with buffering or other problems with a slow internet connection. This can be frustrating and make watching your favorite shows and movies difficult.
- You might not be able to watch live TV. This is a big drawback for many people. If you want to watch live TV, you’re usually out of luck with a streaming service. You might be able to find some channels that offer live streaming, but it’s not going to be the same as what you’re used to with cable.
- You might have to pay extra for specific channels or movies. This is another common con. You might have to pay extra if you want to watch a particular channel or film. This can be frustrating and make it difficult to justify the cost of a streaming service.
Overall, there are pros and cons to cutting the cord and ditching the cable. It’s up to you to decide if the pros outweigh the cons.
If you’re looking to save money, have more control over what you watch, or watch shows and movies that aren’t available on cable, cutting the cord might be a good option.
However, if you’re looking for live TV or don’t want to deal with internet issues, you might want to stick with cable.